This December, we are all set to explore the country of Mountains, Monasteries, and Magic. We have created a unique itinerary to see the hidden gems of Bhutan and also to experience the iconic The Druk Wangyel Tshechu, which is a unique festival performed by the Royal Bhutan Army rather than monks or normal people. Read further for complete details regarding this travel…
Bhutan is no ordinary country. It is a Himalayan kingdom filled with tranquility and here’s why it’s on the definite bucket list of any avid traveller:
- It’s a country where progress is officially measured by happiness, rather than Gross National Product
- This is a country where the rice is red and where chillies aren’t just a seasoning but the main ingredient.
- There are no traffic lights in Bhutan.
- Smoking is illegal, and so are hunting and fishing.
- It is a land where monks still meditate for years in the sacred caves to the East.
- We were told that it’s forbidden to climb high peaks in Bhutan (where spirits dwell).
- Bhutanese proudly wear their traditional attire to school, college, work, and almost all occasions.
- It is a place where even the teenagers celebrate their culture with fiery passion.
- It is the first and only carbon-negative country in the world (Woooooah, this country absorbs more carbon than it emits).
- It is a law in Bhutan that least 60% of the country must remain forested for all future generations; it currently stands above 70%.
- This is a country with a population of less than one million; a place where time stands still, where legend is history and mountains reign supreme.
- The Bhutanese Himalayas are truly awe-inspiring; crisp, clear, empty and clean. Bhutan has preserved its mountains, forests and people on its journey to modernise, a feat that is totally unique in the history of this world.
- Did you know that Bhutan is the most expensive country for most travellers? Around 250$ per day per person (Rs.17500 per day) is the minimum cost a tourist need to pay to travel across Bhutan for guide, transport, accommodation, sightseeing, and food. But the GOOD NEWS is, this is not applicable for Indians.
Per Person - ₹ 22500
Airport pickup, drop, transportation during trip, Bhutanese certified driver, 3 star accommodations, breakfast & dinner.
Day-0 (8 Dec 2019 – Sun) – Arrival at Bagdogra
Take flight to Bagdogra (IXB) – Reach Bagdogra Airport by 3 PM – Pick up will be arranged – We will drive to Bhutan Border – Will stop at few sightseeing places if possible – Accommodation and food for this day will be shared among all in Dutch system
Travel time: 4.5 hours
Day-1 (9 Dec 2019 – Mon) – Phuentsholing
Breakfast – Immigration Formalities – Sim Card – Visit Zangtopelri, Bhutan Gate, and the Indian side of the border – Scenic drive to the rice bowl of Bhutan. Stay: Accommodation at Paro | Meals: B, D | Travel time: 5 hours
Day-2 (10 Dec 2019 – Tue) – Haa, Paro
Breakfast – Traverse through mesmerising landscapes and witness the magic of Haa Valley – Visit Chele La Pass, the highest motorable pass of Bhutan – Lunch – Visit National Museum of Bhutan, Rinpun Dzong. Night Views of glittering Paro Stay: Accommodation at Paro | Meals: B, D | Travel Time: 3 hours
Day-3 (11 Dec 2019 – Wed) – Paro, Tiger’s Nest Hike
Early Morning by 5 AM we will start hike to the iconic Tiger’s Nest – Breakfast – Meditate at the Monastery – Descend Down – Lunch – Souvenir Shopping – Drive to Thimphu Stay: Accommodation at Thimphu | Meals: B, D | Trek Distance: 5 km one way | Travel Time: 2 hours
Day-4 (12 Dec 2019 – Thu) – Thimphu
Breakfast – Today we explore the vibrant capital of Bhutan – Visit Buddha Dordenma, Simtokha Dzong – Authentic Bhutanese Lunch – Visit Tashiccho Dzong – Night views of Thimphu. Stay: Accommodation at Thimphu | Meals: B, D
Day-5 (13 Dec 2019 – Fri) – Dochula Festival
Breakfast – Today we will witness the cultural extravaganza of Druk Wangyel Tshechu. This is a one day annual festival that happens at the high mountain pass at an altitude of 10330 feet. There will be mesmerising performances by Royal Bhutanese Army and this celebration is dedicated for the Peace and Happiness of the Bhutanese Kingdom and also for the World at large – Drive to Punakha. Stay: Accommodation at Punakha | Meals: B, D | Travel Time: 3 hours
Day-6 (14 Dec 2019 – Sat) – Punakha
Breakfast – Punakha Sightseeing – Visit Punakha Dzong, Suspension Bridge, Walk through the village of Sopsokha – Drive Back to Chukka/Phuentsholing. Stay: Accommodation at any mid-way town | Meals: B, D | Travel Time: 5 hours
Day-7 (15 Dec 2019 – Sun) – Return from Bagdogra
This day we need to start by 4 AM – Early morning we will travel to Bagdogra – You will be dropped at Airport by 7.30 – 8.00 AM – You can book return flights anytime after 9.30 AM. If you are taking evening flights after 5 PM from Bagdogra, then you can see few places around Siliguri and also go for Bengal safari to see the famous Bengal Tiger.
Inclusions and Exclusions
- Pick up from Bagdogra Airport
- Assistance with all Entry Permits.
- Transportation from Day 0 – Day 7.
- 3 Star Accommodations from Day 1 – Day 6.
- Breakfast and Dinner from Day 1 – Day 6.
- Bhutanese Tourism Council Certified Driver.
- Well maintained Traveler/Mini Bus.
- Guide Charges.
- Drop to Bagdogra Airport.
- Access to Basic Medicines.
- Accommodation and Dinner on Day 0 will be shared equally among everyone.
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusions.
- Any additional cost due to change in plan / flight reschedule / flight cancellation / bad weather / health issues / roadblocks / landslides and/or any other factors beyond organizers control.
Document Needed: Passport with minimum 6 months Validity or Voters ID Card.
Flight Option: Currently the return flights are priced at around 11000 from Bengaluru. Please do not search for flights as it will result in increase in prices.
We will try our best to group everyone from same location together and assist you with your flight bookings for hassle free experience.
This trip is family and children friendly. Prior experience in adventure or trekking is not needed.
For children aged 0-5, no charges. For children aged 6-10, 50% cost.
Food will be VEGETARIAN Friendly.
Accommodations will be either in double rooms or in family rooms depending on the gender ratio.
We have only 8 slots left. If you are really interested, reach out to us at the earliest.
If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 95% refund will be provided. 5% will be charged as cancellation fees.
If cancellations are made 15 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
If cancellations are made within 7 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
If cancellations are made within 3-6 days before the start date of the trip, 75% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
If cancellations are made within 48 hours before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
For any of the cancellation scenario, you can transfer your tickets to your friends. We would do our best to have them on board and you could save your hard earned money.
In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get cancelled. In such cases operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However a cash refund will not be applicable for the same.
Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
The applicable refund amount will be processed within 15 business days
All applicable refunds will be done in traveller's Gutsytribe wallet as Gutsycash
Terms & Conditions
1. Consumption of alcohol, intoxicants, and smoking would not be tolerated during the entire course of the journey. Kindly co-operate with us to make the experience more fun.
2. Put Litter in its place, do not trash the mother earth.
3. Organisers shall not be responsible for any of your belongings, valuables, jewellery etc. Kindly do take care.
4. In the case of traffic delays or breakdowns expect a delay in reaching the destination.
5. All participants must carry their backpacks, tents, sleeping bags and eateries even if they are provided by the organisers.
6. Damages made to the gears provided will have to be borne by the participants, Laundry charges Rs. 200/- if stains are made.