This is first trek of 2019 Monsoon shower. Coorg is a tranquil, little town in Southern Karnataka, cradled in the Western Ghats. It is famous mainly for its austere sights, varied wildlife, world-class coffee and the Kodavas, the ethnic warrior people of Coorg.
This beautiful nature and gorgeous waterfalls of Coorg come alive in rainy season. This is the third highest peak in Coorg after Tadiandamol and Brahmagiri. It measures around 5,400 ft. It is about 25 kms from Madikeri and is located in Hattihole region, which is in between Somwarpet and Madikeri. The name of the hill is derived from the language Kannada, meaning Fort Hill. Locals believe that the famous Pandava brothers from Mahabharat spent a significant period of their exile here. Kotte Betta also has an ancient Shiva Temple on top of it. Around the temple one can find a flat ground with ample shade to sit and enjoy the glories of the mountains overlooking the endless forests. This place is also one of the best landscape view in coorg. The trek is long and weary but the peace and quiet at the top is definitely worth all the effort !!!
Places to Visit:
1. Kotte betta trek
2. Kotte abbey waterfalls
Date : 1st 2nd June 2019
Duration : 2 days
Level : Moderate
Stay : Homestay 🏡
Transportation : Non AC TT/Minibus
Trip Cost : 2999/-
1. Transportation, Toll charges, Forest entry fee, Guide fee.
2. Homestay 🏡
3. 2 Breakfast, 2 Lunch, 1 Dinner, coffee-tea & snacks
4. Waterfalls Entry fee
Personal Expenses (Sunday dinner in case if it become late)
• We will leave Bangalore on Friday night 10:00 PM and back to Bangalore on Sunday night 9:00 PM
Pick up & Drop points
Majestic opp to shanthala silks & Mysore Road & Mysore.
1. We will reach homestay at morning 5:30 AM .
2. fresh up in a homestay with all facilities (with toilet, bathroom and Hot water). Please have the mindset accordingly.
3. After having breakfast will start trek
4. There will be packed lunch for afternoon
5. Participants have to take Water bottles, torch and snacks, so please keep a small day bag for this
6. Kindly request in participants, no plastic covers and use and throw bottles.
7. No alcoholic
8. We need min 10 participants for this event or event will be cancelled .
9. Adventurous trek/trip does NOT come with luxury, so please have the mind set accordingly.
10. Trip Experience varies from place to place, so please come with an open mind to enjoy Mother Nature