Nestled deep in the Western Ghats in the district of Shimoga and holding its place as the tenth highest peak in the State.
Kodachadri is home to lush green jungle trails through dense tropical forests, picturesque waterfalls and mesmerizing landscapes.
Located in the Mookambika Wildlife Sanctuary, it also forms the perfect backdrop to the Moola Mookambika Temple, believed to be the place of origin of Goddess Mookambika.
Catching a glimpse of the evening sun set into the Arabian Sea from its peak offers an enchanting experience; a combination of mountain and ocean, that very few peaks in the Country can boast of.
TREK DURATION: 2 Days, 1 Night
DISTANCE: 14 kms (Approx)
DAY 0: Depart from Bangalore at 9:00 PM
• Reach homestay and freshen up
• Bus Ride to Trek Start Point
• Start the Trek
• Hidlumane Falls
• Mookambika Temple
• Kodachadari Summit
• Descend via Jeep Ride
• Dinner and Campfire
• Have breakfast
• Visit Nagara Fort
• Reach Bangalore by 9:30 PM (approx)
2 Breakfast, 1 Lunch and Dinner
• Transportation(Non AC) to and fro from Bangalore
• To and fro journey Bangalore
• Expert Trek Leads
• Forest Guide
• Forest Permits
• Off-Road Jeep ride from Kodachadri Peak to Base Camp
• Campfire (Dependant on weather conditions)
• Experience that you gain
• Anything not included in the inclusions above
• Any kind of insurance
• Personal Expense(snacks, mineral water etc.)
THINGS TO CARRY:
• Torch per person with extra batteries.
• Sports shoes or trekking shoes in good condition
• Backpack (if required)
• 2-litre water bottle per person
• Energy bars, dry fruits, flavoured milk, Electrolyte drinks(optional)
• Personal medication.